This weekend is the annual Homeschool Bookfair I attend in my area. One of my favorite parts of my homeschooling year! I thought I’d share a post I wrote last year titled “Homeschool Bookfair Survival Guide.” Some of my favorite tips to enjoying the bookfair….
Have you ever been to a homeschool bookfair? They can be totally crazy and completely overwhelming!! But they can also be a great resource and a huge blessing to a homeschool mom. I’ve compiled a list of tips from my own experience with bookfairs – and the tips of other experienced homeschool moms – to help make the most of your time at the bookfair!
TIPS FOR MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR HOMESCHOOL BOOKFAIR EXPERIENCE:
- Make a plan of action for the day
- Why are you going? To look at/buy curricula? To listen to the speakers? Both?
- Map out your plan of action for the day – i.e. what workshops you want to attend, on which days. What day(s)/time you will browse and buy curriculum.
- Check out the map of the vendors ahead of time to have a good idea where everything will be – especially the vendor booths you really want to visit
- Take into consideration – your children. Will you have them with you? One day, both/all days, or not at all? Don’t forget to include them in your plan of action for the day.